TU-17: Griphoist Wire Rope Hoist - 1 Ton / 2000 lbs with 30ft cable and hook mount.
The griphoist® wire rope hoist was built to be safe, reliable, and can pull and lift at a faster rate with less effort. Suitable for any lifting and pulling job, the griphoist® is particularly useful for longer pulls and higher lifts since any length of rope can be used. The griphoist® is a manual, hand-operated hoist and can be used anywhere – no electricity required.
Designed specifically to be used with maxiflex wire ropes with one hook end of any length to suit the application. The wire ropes can be easily removed from the hoist and replaced with longer griphoist® wire ropes. Tractel’s griphoist® wire rope is the result of 30+ years of R&D experience and was developed to be the perfect companion to your griphoist®.
The TU series uses a different jaw shape to its older companion, the T500 series griphoist® hoist. The T500 griphoist® hoist only has 2 same shape jaws; whereas the newer TU hoist has jaws shaped like a ‘U’ which provides more grip and pressure to make the hoist stronger. Due to its strength and durability, the TU series griphoist® hoist is approved by UL and is qualified to be used as man-riding equipment.
THE ‘U’ ADVANTAGE
- The U-shaped jaws maintain cylindrical shape of the rope resulting in increased mechanical yield and ensures maximum life
- Can be very easily dismantled and reduces the amount of time to maintain
- Allows considerable savings in the number of parts to be repaired
- Perfect choice of hoist if used in daily operation
EASE OF USE
- Works in any position: horizontal, vertical, or angled
- Easy installation and operation
- Lightweight and portable – less effort and manpower are required
- Can be positioned in any anchoring place
- Does not need to change anchor points, as continuous pull is possible
- Direction of pull can be adjusted using sheave blocks
- Reduced maintenance
SAFE AND RELIABLE
- All griphoist® units come equipped with overload shear pins to prevent damage to the hoist if the maximum weight capacity is exceeded
- Can operate in reverse
- Built with experience and quality for longevity: griphoist® has been a customer favorite for decades
- Nominal Capacity: 2,000 lbs. for material handling, 1,500 lbs. for man-riding
- Wire Rope Dia.: 5/16 in.
- Wire Rope Weight: 8 lbs./30 ft.
- Unit Weight: 18.7 lbs.
A griphoist® can replace conventional winches and other hoists to be used in a variety of applications.
- Garden maintenance
- Forest and agriculture
- Tensioning fences
- Fire rescue or as a 4x4 emergency winch
- Suspension of large platforms for construction
- Installation and removal of machine tools
- Installation of window frames, large façade signs, panels
- Loading and unloading of heavy equipment
- Public works contracting
- Bridge building
- Steel construction
- Pulling telephone cables, replacement of poles, or erection of mobile television aerials, antennas
- And many more!