- A replacement for the Tac Stick
- Detects dangerous AC current from a safe distance
- Pinpoints direction of downed lines
3 SENSITIVITY MODES :
- High sensitivity : For remote inspection
- Low sensitivity : Helps find the source of the current
- Focus mode : Precisely detects the current in the axial direction of the device and reduces the influence of other nearby cables
MAIN APPLICATIONS :
- Urban Search and Rescue : Detects unknown sources of AC that are unprotected and dangerous.
- Fire : During and after fires, construction work and inspections.
- Vehicle extractions : Rapid check of intervention site and vehicles in order to identify any AC-related risk. Enables operator to check that electrical circuits are disconnected.
- Rescue in Confined Spaces : Allows operator to check that electrical power is off at the entrance of a site containing machinery or equipment that could be accidentally started up.
- Natural disasters : Rapid check of the extent of a power cut following an earthquake, storm, flood or snow storm. LEADER Volt enables operator to identify live wiring on roads or in spaces inside collapsed buildings or on flooded sites.
- Trench rescue : For locating potential sources of electrical hazards during rescue operations.
- Weight: 570 g
- Dimensions: Diameter: 45 mm / Length: 521 mm
- Running time: A set of alkaline batteries (4 x AA alkaline) will give one year of service (if left on continuously = 300 hrs)
- Usable for frequency 20 to 100Hz
- Operating: -30 to +50 °C
- Storage & transport: -40 to +70 °C