- ANSULITE ARC (Alcohol-Resistant Concentrate) 3% or 6% AR-AFFF (Aqueous Film-Forming Foam) Concentrate is formulated from special fluorochemical and hydrocarbon surfactants, a high molecular weight polymer, and solvents. It is transported and stored as a concentrate to provide ease of use and considerable savings in weight and volume.
- It is intended for use as a 3% or 6% proportioned solution (depending on the type of fuel) in fresh, salt or hard water. It may also be used and stored as a premixed solution in fresh or potable water for use with the ANSUL Model AR-33-D wheeled fire extinguisher.
- Three fire suppressing mechanisms are in effect when using ANSULITE ARC 3% or 6% AR-AFFF foam solution on either a conventional Class B hydrocarbon fuel such as gasoline, diesel fuel, etc.; or a Class B polar solvent (water-miscible fuel) such as methyl alcohol, acetone, etc.
- An aqueous film is formed in the case of a conventional hydrocarbon fuel, or a polymeric membrane in the case of a polar solvent fuel. This film or membrane forms a barrier to help prevent the release of fuel vapor.
- Regardless of the fuel type, a foam blanket is formed which excludes oxygen. The liquids that form the film or the polymeric membrane are drained from the foam blanket.
- The water content of the foam produces a cooling effect
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.