- Hot Shield Face Masks are currently only shipping with 1 filter due to the Corona Virus.
- The Hot Shield Model HS-2 Wildland Firefighter Face Mask is a patented (U.S. Patents 5,628,308 and 5,823,188) highly flame resistant face protector designed by firefighters for use in all wildland firefighting operations. The HS-2 offers the extreme protection against burns to the face/neck with the added benefit of blocking and reducing the inhalation of smoke & ash particulate. Multiple layers of patented CarbonX help maintain the crucial airspace firefighters want and human skin needs to survive extreme temperatures. The soft comfortable inside liners (also CarbonX) absorb perspiration, adding to user comfort.
- Twin layers of CarbonX mesh at the center ventilation orifice allow for easy air exchange and help prevent buildup of CO2. The patented, user-friendly design allows the firefighter to insert an activated carbon disposable particulate filter with exhalation valve.
- CarbonX is the only inherently non-flammable fabric in the world. This fabric weave will not burn, ignite, char shrink or decompose at temperatures of up to and exceeding
- 2000 degrees Farenheit, even for extended periods of time. (See CarbonX FAQ for more info on this revolutionary fabric).
- The HS-2 weighs just 5.8 oz. / 162.4 grams, incorporates reflective trim for nighttime visibility and can be classified as an interface component of Wildland PPE, according to the NFPA Standard #1977 Wildland Protective Clothing and Equipment, Appendix. Each HS-2 is packaged with 1 filter.
- This is the most widely sold and most popular Hot Shield mask and the model we invented for ourselves back in 1993 after the California Fire Storm
- Model: DPM Filter
- Hot Shield USA supplies through our dealers, a disposable N-95 style filter mask that can be inserted into the integral filter pocket of the HS-2 or used independently during mop-up (no heat hazard). The filter gives some additional structure to the HS-2 as well as assisting in vapor & particulate absorption/filtration.
- Advantages: Ours is inexpensive & adequate for the intermittent use the HS-2 is designed for. Also, we designed the HS-2 so that, in a pinch, you can install just about any brand of disposable filter with exhalation valve. Nearly all N-95 filters are made in the same shape. Just check to see that the valve is centered in the middle of the filter. another brand of filter. You are not committed to buying an expensive filter from only one company for the life of the mask.
- Materials: Steam activated carbon sandwiched by cotton media filtration cloth with exhalation valve. Supplied with thin rubber straps and an aluminum pinch bar. Tear these off if you are going to install the filter in the HS-2. Leave the straps on your 2nd backup filter in your Web Case in case you want to use the filter by itself for mop-up.
- Size: One size only Medium
- Limitations: This type of filter doesn inch t block fire gases, like carbon monoxide, so do not assume you can advance further into the fire. Use your head, training and common sense. Throw it away and replace with a new one when filter becomes difficult to breathe through or becomes damaged.
I bought this mask due to the COVID pandemic for wear in camp and on the line. It excedded my expectaitons in every way. It's well made, sturdy and easy to breath through the front. I like the reflective tape on the sides and find it easy to don and doff.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.