The PLC charger is designed to withstand the shock and vibration encountered by vehicle mounted equipment.
The Parasitic Load Compensation feature is designed especially to meet the heavy duty requirements of emergency vehicles. Most emergency vehicles have many parasitic loads on their systems (flash lights, gas detectors, computers, monitoring systems and other items) that can trick a standard 3 step charger into over charging the batteries.
Parasitic load compensation allows you to input the total number of parasitic load amps on the vehicle. The charger will shift the absorption stage set point so the battery voltage will drop to the float voltage when the desired current is reached. In short the parasitic loads are invisible to the charger. This will lead to a longer battery life and no overcharging or overheating.
- 18A total: 15A battery charger, 3A battery saver
- Microprocessor controlled, completely automatic operation regulates output to a single battery bank
- Precision voltage controller senses battery voltage, eliminating need for sense wires
- Parasitic Load Compensation allows for user input of total accessory load amps on the vehicle. This allows the charger to shift the absorption stage set point so the battery voltage drops to the float voltage when desired current is reached
- Battery Type Selection Switches: Lead-Acid, Gel Cell, AGM or Odyssey
- Float / 3-Step Charge Mode Selection Switches
- 3 year warranty